View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by s_mack
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,369 Posts
I've had two reports of shipping damage out of the 22 prototypes shipped out so far. One was minor and probably more my fault (cap vibrated loose... indicative more of a poor or missed solder). The other was more serious as two of the pogo pins were smashed to hell by an angry postal worker with a vicious rubber stamp.

As I mentioned before, I was deliberately shipping these in simple bubble envelopes because it greatly reduces both the packaging and postage costs. Now I seek your input.

Option 1: Keep doing it this way and deem casualties "acceptable losses". If 1 out of 22 is the extent of it, then maybe its not a bad way to go. I'll take responsibility but its an inconvenience to the customer.

Option 2: "Standard" sized box. Eliminates the problem and doesn't cost me too much more (so price stays the same) but shipping goes from a < $8 to ~ $15.

Option 3: Custom box. Eliminates the problem and keeps shipping costs low, but now packaging costs are significant and I have to bump the price of the product up by $3.

If you were me... ???

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack