Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by rikybob
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer View Post
Only if you have lots of spare money and plan to spend lots of it in the long run. Bearing in mind we're in a thread discussing helis where you can get a complete kit for $10. I've still not seen any suggestions for alternative RXs at anywhere close to the price of $23 for an Orange satellite set up (let alone $8 for a single RX), nor for a computer radio comparable in price and capability to a DX6i for those of us on a real budget. I certainly don't have $2.5k spare to spend - those who's only financial consideration is sneaking it past the spouse aren't in quite the same marketplace.
With respect to the above having 2.5k and sneaking something past the Princess are NOT mutually exclusive terms.

I went the round a bout rout of starting with this hobby and starting with the WRONG machine when I should have done what many folk have adivsed, start with a sim and a 450!

In my personal condtion written previously thats simply what worked in my world, keeping in mind that ones own personal condtion is their own.

I enjoy having a machine (two) that is 90% the quality of a Trex and is a fraction of the price.

Yours fraternally!

b

ps I LOVE my Dx6i (for now)
pss Edited with disclaimer
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Nov 16, 2010 at 08:11 PM.