Thread: Discussion did u use your bike today?
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:07 AM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,469 Posts
Once again, at our local MuchMore CUP, I ran the bike for 3 batteries between the TC heats! The organizer even took a couple of pics of the bike, with me not knowing, until this morning, when he presented them, along with the TC race pics!!!
I did a small mod on the bike this time: Placed the servo so it faces the outside of the frame, like it is setup on the KP10 bike, and used quite short springs on the linkage. After initial set up (to make sure it goes... straight!), I drove the bike and it showed a very different driving profile: The steering, even with the S3003 servo, is more direct, more linear, more responsive and eventually a joy to drive! Before that it was quite slow to respond and somehow lazy, but then again it was good for beginners (see my earlier post!), while now, I'm afraid it's not good for them!!! Oh well... who cares? Since I do like it...

Oh... and about the MMC... I finished last, but again... it was good racing until the last minute! I was too focused on running the bike, really... hehe!

I managed to decipher some of the runs I did with the Holux GPS and it showed a couple of times the bike can achieve 65km/h on the main straight, while at other times it's "only" doing 60-62 km/h!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh