View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by gohsthb
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
833 Posts
I was one of the first to get this add-on board. It was very easy to install, and has worked great ever since. With this add-on board the transmitter gets powered from the usb when it is plugged in. I have figured out that to use the transmitter in a simulator, I simple remove the battery(keeps you from having to charge it again later). Plug in the usb cable and then the simulator cable. You will also want to turn off the alarms unless you like the constant beeping. This way I can use my transmitter in the sim all night and not run out of battery.
A note on the cost of the transmitter:
Transmitter $55
8-channel receiver $10
S-mack programmer add-on $50 (includes shipping)
Hobby king shipping $40

Dx8 Specktrum 8-channel transmitter $429 (free shipping)

So you can get the 9x with s-macks board and 25 extra receivers for the same price as a dx8. And with the Dx8 you don't get all the features that the 9x gets with the er9x firmware anyway. There is now a special setup for a range check. Any other radio you either need a partner to take the radio and move the sticks as they go away. With the 9x you can program the outputs to move by themselves. Then you take the model and start walking. Simply a radio with features you can't find anywhere else.
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb