View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by jarel design
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Shipping rates & results from the Post office

I Just returned from the Post Office… (What an “odd” system at best!) I brought in the final production versions of each EyePod and each one packed as a double order in one box (four boxes)

This is what I found out:

Many of you have asked to purchase two EyePods (hence fitting two in one box and getting a shipping fee quote).

For both domestic and overseas shipping, the cost of shipping two EyePods is the same price for shipping one EyePod…! This means that you can PURCHASE TWO EyePods and PAY SHIPPING FOR ONLY ONE!

There’s only one condition: THE “SHIP TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE EYEPOD DEAL” APPLIES ONLY TO SHIPPING TWO OF THE SAME STYLE EYEPODS! (Example: 2ea “Standard” EyePods OR 2ea “Aerodynamic” EyePods) I CANNOT FIT ONE OF EACH STYLE INTO THE SAME BOX!

Sorry, two of each style just will not physically fit in the box. When I chose and purchased the boxes to fit a single EyePod I tried to set it up so that the cost of the box would be low and the shipping costs would be as minimal as possible. I checked into the cost of using a larger box to accommodate two different styles, but the box is not only more expensive, but so is the shipping, so there was no advantage to this strategy.

Shipping Fees: Continental US (excluding Alaska & Hawaii): $8.50 (Priority Insured)

Shipping for all foreign countries: $5.00 UN-INSURED! (IMPORTANT NOTE: “Uninsured” means that your EyePod will be sent at your own risk with no recourse if lost or damaged during shipping! Priority shipping with Insurance is available, but the fee turned out to be $28.00! Which shipping method to use must totally be your choice... a conscious, informed decision on your part.

I sure hope this information helps.

SO far, production bucks look good… I’ll find out tomorrow when I open up the molds… If they turn out good, I should be sending “ready to ship” notices later this week!

We are going to have to do things differently however. Because I cannot confirm how many of you want to purchase two EyePods shipped in the same box, I will have to wait until payment arrives before packing and shipping (should only be 2 to 3 days)…

Ok… I hope this helps…

If you have any questions, PLEASE POST THEM HERE! It will save me time and I’ve learned that if one person has a question, there will be many others with the same question so your question and my answer will help many…

Until next time,
Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design