View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Germanson
Name it, I've crashed it
JAX, FL
Joined Feb 2002
1,556 Posts
Leif, Just a couple comments on some things that I would have done differently on my Devestator and Mega 16/15/3 setup.

1. Put the servos as far out as possible to get away from mounting the push rods near the inner end of the ailerons. With my 8x1950 FAUP packs and the 16/15/3 the Devestator is very fast and I've had some close calls with the aileron twisting at high speed and not giving me the control I needed.

2. Maybe just me but I've not had good luck with anything except monokote on EPP (flexible) foam. All types of covering including Zagi tape sticks initially but then with all of the flex in a EPP plane the covering gets loose.

3. Decide on what packs you want to use and test placement all of the components (before installing) to get to the CG you want. When I used lighter packs than my 1950 FAUP's (KAN 950's) I had to use lead in the nose to get the CG correct.

Overall a very fun plane that is very fast and also has great slow/landing speed and decent glide. You'll have a lot of fun with it.

- Bill
Bill Germanson is offline Find More Posts by Bill Germanson