View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by jarel design
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
How Many Planes Can You Mount an EyePod onto??? Part #2 !!!

Well, there are more of these photos... When I visited my local hobby shop (Als" hobby & Cycle in Medford, Oregon ...GREAT PEOPLE!), the offered me all the planes they had hanging to conduct photo shoots with the EyePod...

We were all amzed at how many planes and in how many ways, these mounts fit!

Some of them look so "at home" on these popular planes that we laughed thinking that when someone see's these photos, they're going to look through their bow wondering where their "EyePod" camera mount is?!?!?!"...

So, here you go... Part 2 of How many planes can you mount an EyePod mount onto???

(Learning the answer is almost as large as the the universe! After a few hours of pulling down planes (including some home built kits that were up for sale), It doesn't take much imagination to figure out where to stick these guys!

Let me share one thing regarding CG and balance with an EyePod...

The smaller the plane, the greater the effect of carrying an EyePod mount... small park flyers like the ICON could easily carry an EyePod just off center of the fusealge without any compensation. My Gee Bee prototype (also a small parkflyer could carry the EyePod mount on the nose and it flew without any tail weight... I could feel the effect as pulling out of a dive took longer and landings were smoother with the EyePod mounted than off...

A video I have yet to edit is the super light Eflight Fokker biplane "Slow-flier"... No problems carrying it and balance was not effected by mounting it under the cockpit (several inches aft of the CG), but I took no chances with th wing tip mounts and mounted one on each tip...

I bring up this last item because several of you are ordering pairs of EyePods so many so, that I'm beginning to see that you may have figured out that mounting one identical on each wing tip would be safer and make flying easier with two...

The OV-10 fusealge shots were created using two EyePod mounts on the wing tips of that model (There are some stills in the video and in the previous post)...

I never thought of people ordering two when I measured for and ordered the boxes... I am going to check this weekend to see if I can fit two into one box... If so, there will be a financial gain on your end as it should cost the same to ship two as it does for one... I'll find out this weekend of they fit... then on Monday, take samples of one and two per box and see if there's any difference in shipping... even if it's minor, I'll cover the difference as it will be saving me the cost of a second box...

So here you go... more photos with one of them (The new "Switch") showing twin EyePods mounted on the plane's wingtips.

Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design