View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by Gordks
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,095 Posts
Well, now that you have pointed out the very obvious fact (that I had simply not thought of) that the standard EyePod can be mounted in two different directions, I am going to need two standard kits instead of one. Good business move.

One thing that you did not show here is exactly how the ball itself is assembled. I assume that the foam disk spans the joint between the two halves so they can be glued to it rather than just to each other, and that the two halves do not overlap. That white disk that spreads the pull of the cord over the foam inside the ball was cut from a corner that was trimmed from one of the halves of the ball (4th photo in post #54)? It will likely be quite obvious when I have the pieces in my hands, but any secrets, pointers or stupid things not to do will be helpful.

I am also following the EyePlane build and will be building one as soon as you have it finalized. I want to thank you for the tour of what is behind the curtain. Fascinating! It is like being in a very exclusive course in model building. Your posts will save me a heck of a lot of time and mistakes. And at 67, I don't really want to waste any more time than I have to.

Regards,
Gord
Gordks is online now Find More Posts by Gordks