Thread: Discussion Utah DLG happenings...
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:21 AM
ASK
Find More Posts by ASK
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,824 Posts
When to Schedule September Blue Skies...

September will work very well, but will take some care in setting dates. Far and away, I'd advise not laying over another Utah soaring event. Even if Soar Utah is every other year, it is well established.

That's a good weather time for Utah, yes? May can be blustery?

There is almost no way to avoid laying over a two-day hand launch event somewhere in the US. But you might talk to Oleg (PM him here on RC Groups) anyway to find out when they are going to schedule ECHLGF (East Coast Hand Launch Glider Festival) in North Carolina. That's their largest event these days.

Check with the ASA (Albuquerque Soaring Association) about the Electric Soaring World Challenge-ABQ. I'm dedicated to supporting that event. The ASA guys have done so much to support Blue Skies, and this is how I give back. I would absolutely despise missing a Blue Skies. We'll see if we can thread the needle.

Notes on Blue Skies Dates, Tentative
Blue Skies over New Mexico is tentatively back to the second weekend of July, 9-10 (corrected).

1st weekend June is gone for NM due to weather pattern changes, at least for the next few years. Visalia is taking that spot, that's the Northern California fliers at work.

probably...
Blue Skies over Colorado is third weekend in August, 6-7 (updated).
Blue Skies over Arizona is first weekend in November, 5-6.

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Blue Skies Hand Launch Glider Challenge
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Last edited by ASK; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: date corrections