Thread: Discussion Utah DLG happenings...
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by redgiki
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Would love to take a look at that new wing. I would imagine once you got the coordination down, you'd be able to throw nearly as well left handed. It's not about strength, make it smooth and fast
Building it left-handed would have the added benefit of not needing to modify Lovins' XP-3 fuselage. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I end up with a left-handed DLG I sell or give away. Or crash. There's always that! I've never had a problem throwing anything with my left hand; not as well as my right, but it's not useless, either.

Yeah, this Mystress wing is all fiberglass & carbon. Not all that pretty to look at, actually; The_Builder had a lot of stray carbon hairs that got trapped between the fiberglass and foam. That said, it seems plenty strong, sports a unique planform (straight trailing edge instead of swept forward), and is made of a pretty blue foam. He included a large piece of quite heavy fiberglass with it, apparently to be used as the wing joiner. I still need to find some carbon for a throwing blade, and additional carbon cloth for the throwing blade reinforcement, then I'll be ready to start putting it together.
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki