View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by saucerguy
United States, WA, Yacolt
Joined Dec 2005
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
And again, look at some of the threads on ARFs. Many of these guys are doing more work, and DEFINITELY more engineering on their ARFs than most people "building."

So they don't glue the sticks together. They strip and recover, they cut and add flaps, add retracts, repaint, design and built custom parts (EDF ducts, entire retract systems, etc) and many other things.

Compared to popping out some parts, laying them on a plan and hitting them with CA. That is better?

Yes, I know, many here understand this, but there is still the undercurrent that buidling and builders are better
I found the amount of time to revise a plane, be it arf, rtf, kit, or scratch build takes it's own finesse and my hat's off to those that go that route. It's harder for me to leave it stock and always keeping it stock, there always is room for fine tuning it, be it, improving the hardware or fabricating improved or replacement parts. With some planes, it's harder and more painstaking to revise them then it is to design and build it correctly from the beginning.
saucerguy is offline Find More Posts by saucerguy