Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by Barak1001
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorJohn View Post
On the other hand, I was bothered by replies such as "you need a whacking" and suggesting that "grown ups" don't use such terms and grammar. I genuinely hope that they were an attempt at humour and not a showing of contempt. However, they did come across as quite harsh in light of the original post. I see what we might term "poor" grammar frequently even from quite educated individuals and have simply learned to see through it to the intended message.

My apologies for the long post. Happy flying. John
I never once insulted his intelligence. I've been using computers now since since 1985 or so. My post was most definitely meant to be humorous, though also meant to explain why the person replied the way they did.

Saying that you are too lazy to use proper sentences or type in a way that can be understood by all is no excuse for doing it. The person in question had to have noticed that no one used text abbreviations in their posts.

This is the equivalent of someone from a foreign country expecting someone to have to learn their language to accommodate them. They should be willing to take the time and effort to learn the language of the country they are in, rather than expect everyone around them to cater to them.

Just like this person should be willing to take the time to make a clear and concise message that's easy to understand, so that other people can more readily help him.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001