View Single Post
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:57 AM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora A9 - On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App " & Flight Condition Explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooNorway View Post
Hi.I am sorry if this is already answered, but I`ve had my Aurora for two weeks only and some of the threads are too long to search through. My question is this; when I have several flight conditions and adjust the trims in one of them (Kickflap), why do this trimsetting reappear in an other (Butterfly)? And not in "Normal".
I would like to know if there is a way to make every trim adjustments to stay in only the actual condition all the time.(And I don`t talk about of the subtrims in the menu.)
. Aurora A9 - On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App ". "Acro Menu" Video - 8 min 39 sec)
. "C" is combined so if you want the same setting in different flight condition use it.
. "S" is for single so as to make the setting unique to the condition.
. "T.App" is Trim Apply - activate this if trims are to be the same in all conditions.
NB activate at start not part way/end of program or other conditions will be out of sync.

1. Flight Conditions - Full Explanation of When & How To Use Flight Conditions.
extract:
"To understand how flight conditions are helpful, it's worth considering a simple example:
let's pretend you have a scale model. At low speeds (like at takeoff and landing), it happens to be very sluggish
and requires flaps to take off without using too much of the runway. Its long wing needs to have rudder used in turns
to make them more coordinated, or it has a tendency to stall and spin-not desirable at low altitudes, especially when
taking off or landing. And it helps to have a bit of rudder offset to compensate for the effects of engine torque.
To make sure the engine doesn't quit during this critical time, you want glow heat on for takeoff.
These requirements are listed under "Takeoff condition" in the table.

For high-speed cruise, your scale ship becomes a totally different animal: the higher airspeed makes roll and pitch
inputs produce very crisp and rapid responses, and no rudder coordination is needed. Its wing is efficient,
so flaps are not needed.
A little elevator trim is needed to compensate for the trim change when the landing gear are retracted,
and you want to remove glow heat.
These requirements are also listed in the table, in the "Cruise condition" column.

The widely varying requirements for the two different flight regimes of the scale model make it almost
sound as if we're talking about two different airplanes-right?
In a sense we are, but that's where we take advantage of the idea of flight conditions. "

. Hitec Aurora Frequently Asked Questions - homepage
Q. How would I use flight conditions?
A. These are used to make quick changes to multiple things like mixes, D/R, Expo etc…
It’s also a good idea to assign flight conditions to the same switches that you have assigned
for a specific mix to prevent interaction between mixes to prevent from over driving the servos
in case each mix affects the same control surface.

Many of the Aurora 9's programming options can be varied according to the 8 available flight conditions.
. Multiply that by the 3-position switches you might use to activate them, and theoretically,
you could set up your model with 24 different settings for dual rates, expo, flap deflection, etc.!
The sliders are not switches so can not be used for flight conditions..

Higher flight conditions have higher priority.

. "C" is combined so if you want the same setting in different flight condition use it.
. "S" is for single so to make the setting unique to the condition.
Examples demonstrated in :
. Aurora A9 - Flight Conditions use and order of Priority - Video.
. Aurora A9 Model Menu ACRO (Video - 8 min 39 sec)"
as well as:
. Aurora 9ch - Video - Helicopter Set Up
- Finless Bob's Review Tips and how To Series, numbered:
14. Model Menus Part 1 (27 Megs)
. Model Menu functions
. Sub Trims
. Change Pitch/Throttle ch output

15. Model Menus Part 2 (92 Megs)
. Exponential
. Conditon C & S
. Dual Rates
. OST.

16. Model Menus Part 3 (98 Megs)
. EPA – End Point Adjustment
. Flight Conditions - Switch setup: Idle up & Hold.
. Throttle Link
. Trim Link Inh (Inhibit is default)
. ACT Activate - all conditions.
. Servo Speed - in transition.

Aurora 9 - Programming Problem?
" Parameters must be set in correct order e.g. V_tail. This applies to all computerised TX. "
. After new conditions are added and after every change to existing conditions, make sure that no previous setting
has been inadvertantly effected or changed by checking every switch & control surface is operating correctly
whilst performing a range test before the next flight.

. Aurora 9 - EPA & T.Limit Difference. quote:
"Aurora 9 - EPA & T.Limit (added V1.08) - Difference

. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

. Further clarification with addition of user posts to original post.

Q. What is the difference between "T. Limit" and "EPA".
A. They do sort of the same thing other then mixes can overthrow what the EPA % is set to.
Travel limit is a hard stopping point so mixes cannot overthrow what you have set in T. Limit and bind up a servo.
- Brendan Lugo, Hitec USA 3/26/2011
======================================
T-Limit ist one of the best enhancements HITEC has done to their software.
Whatever mixers e.t.c you program, your servos will be in this range.
Whenever I program a new model I start with T-Limit and set it to the physical constraints for my servos.
- Juergen aka "skyrock" 10/12/2011
========================================
Q. T. travel limit.... How is this different from END. Point???
A. Quote "This is the order you should be doing it:
1. Set the T. Limits for all servos in the plane (this is the MAXIMUM travel limit so you don't wreck something by over %'ing it)
2. Set the EPA for each servo/surface on for high rate throws.
Ie. for IMAC you'd set your maximum rudder throw on highest rate to be 40* or whatever is your preference here.
If you're using less than 100% EPA to attain this, geometry needs to be tweaked.
Personally I try to keep all my surfaces in the 110-140* EPA range for added resolution.
3. Set the Dual Rate (or in my case I use many different flight conditions) each with a differing rate of throw % for that surface.
I never go beyond 100% throw in my highest rate flight condition under the D/R settings
as it's too confusing and should be raised on the EPA high rate #2 above if you find yourself needing more than 100%.
It's worth noting here, that you should be setting "C" & "S" before you setup your multi rates/flight conditions as well. "
- posted by "Eganwp" 10/12/2011 "
========================================

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan Tong.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 13, 2012 at 02:08 PM.