Thread: Discussion F4U Corsair
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by Papo_60
USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
Super Cub

Thanks everyone for your really helpful comments. I guess for my second plane my plan now is to go with the Hobby Zone Super Cub. I like AVIRNIG's suggestion to go with the BNF model with the 2.4 GHz receiver & a DX6i or DX7 radio.

Two questions:
1) From how I read the info, the BNF plane comes with functioning ailerons & the RTF plane only has throttle, elevator & rudder function????

2) The literature for the BNF plane states that "The receiver included in the Super Cub LP BNF is a 2.4GHz DSM2 receiver/ESC unit. It must be partnered with a full range DSM2 transmitter. It is equipped with throttle, elevator, rudder and aileron function." Can I buy/use the DX6i/DX7 (I think so but want to be sure) transmitter or do I need to buy the stated DSM2 transmitter???

Last I just want to say that I am still going to get the F4U Corsair, it is a great plane & so much fun to fly on the simulator. I just hope that real life flying is equally as much fun. This will be my third plane that I will treat myself to next spring... Having 1 radio will be good too. Thanks again,
Ron
Papo_60 is offline Find More Posts by Papo_60