Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by tinkerguy
Powered by Flux Capacitor
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
By your logic, one cannot buy from any manufacturer.
Not really - I would not buy from any manufacturer that would not honor their warranty even when its a manufacturing defect and just ship a dismantled product ( with missing pieces ) back to the customer after sitting on it for several months. The story sounds almost too absurd to believe - and I'd like to hear from them that's not true.

The two big Hobby retailers here in the US have exceptional, stellar service. Tower (Hobbico) happily promptly refunds for any item if you are not satisfied - no questions asked.
Horizon Hobbies is nothing short of a true class act - many times they repair items like broken antennae without charge even though its the customer's fault.
Representatives from both these companies frequent forums to help their customers and other hobbyists.
I've never had problems with all the small retailers either - many of whom provide prompt, courteous support either on the phone or through email.

HOTT may be a great technology but if the company treats their customers that bad - it doesn't deserve any consideration.
tinkerguy is offline Find More Posts by tinkerguy