View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tully View Post
I'm working on an Earl Stahl Schweitzer TG-2 using a PZ brick. Intended for scale aerotow with a HZ Champ as tug. The video from the Finnish guys was encouraging.
I've got those plans on this computer. They are available on this site, along with a lot of really nice Earl Stahl plans:

http://www.theplanpage.com/esp.htm

A while back I was working on a design for a Schweizer 1-26 with wings that unfold a la the Jim Walker Interceptor. I gave up when I decided that the Vapor brick was just a bit too big for the size model that I was working on. The plans were not spectacularly good or I'd post them even though I never built the glider.

I mention the above because I still think the idea is very good even if the Vapor brick would have been a little big and the battery only made matters worse.

I'd post my Vampyr plans but they are basically just three views with nothing much shown in the way of structure. In fact, I built two unsuccessful fuses figuring out how things have to be done. A third is in progress but buried under paperwork and mail relating to my recent retirement, which has turned into a paperwork nightmare. I've also been thinking of enlarging it from 1/20 scale to 1/15 to allow a little more breathing room for the gear.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug