View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2010, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by propjobbill
USA, OH, Oberlin
Joined Oct 2004
487 Posts
Discussion
BoxFly Simple Foamboard plane good for windy days with video & plans

I recently posted a video of a plane I build about 1 month ago called Simple box flier. I decided to do a build thread on it and to give it the name BoxFly.

Boxfly is a plane that can do a snap roll in a heart beat. It's lots of fun to fly and with less throw on the controls if would work good for a trainer.

I have flown it in wind at better than 20mph, with slight wind 8 to 12 mph the wind has very little effect on it. This is a heavy plane the way I built it, but it is very strong and as a result of the extra weight it does well in wind. It comes in at 17oz AUW which is about 4 to 5oz. more than most 30" planes I build.

I have lots of pictures soo I will enter new post rather than try to put everything in one post. The pictures will have a brief explanation of what is going on.

You will notice I used a craft glue for the build but and good foam glue will do. If I had it to do over I would use Hot Glue.

The plane is built using sheets of Dollartree Foamboard 20" X 30"

I have added plans for building. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to potshot for drawing up these plans Thank you
propjobbill is offline Find More Posts by propjobbill
Last edited by propjobbill; Nov 01, 2010 at 10:15 AM.