View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
10,166 Posts
Once an article is up live we authors have no access to make edits or corrections directly. I have submitted a request for corrections to our editor for my two mistakes. Neither mistake deals directly with the 120 SR but I deeply regret those mistakes. The only Blade I don't have and have never flown is the Blade 400 3D and I intended to check on how its tail rotor is powered before I submitted this review and I simply forgot to do so. The 400's tail rotor is indeed powered from the main motor by a belt drive. On my other mistake concerning the flybar I have no excuse. I had all three helicopters out and had just flown them. In flying them indoors in calm conditions I noted how similar the mSR and the 120 SR handled and noted the 45 degree flybar on both of them. As stated above that helps with their stability and as a very small offset requires a little adjustment of slightly increased throttle to maintain altitude in fast forward flight over a helicopter with a flybar set at 90 degrees. Most new pilots won't even notice this minor difference but experienced RC helicopter pilots do. I didn't intend to include the SR but I certainly did and in multiple proof readings failed to catch my mistake. I have read through the article several times today and found no other errors in what I intended to say. My sincere thanks to Minirips 2 for catching my mistakes. It is never my intent to misrepresent. Michael Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member