View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
15,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
My last order with Hobbypartz (gyro, servos) was paid with PP. They were quick to email me with order update and tracking no saying my order had shipped. But following the tracking, the order sat for 2 days before it was picked up.
Is this what everone sees from them in the US??
I have seen that with other online stores as well. Worse still is ordering from HobbyCity and having your order sit in the processing queue for 10 days before they state they have shipped it. Then it sits for a week before it gets out of Hong Kong. it gets shipped on a airline in a couple of days. Then it lanquishes in customs for two weeks before it starts its final journey to your home. Last January I had a order lanquish in customs for almost 30 days before it was let go. So I don't know if express fast shipping is of any value at all or whether it would be faster or not.

I have had other online stores, where you wanted something fast, so you paid the extra high price for overnight shipping, only to have them process the order (sit on it) for three days, then prepare it for shipping for two days, then it sits in the shipping department for two days before they express ship it out overnight. What a huge waste of money that was.

Watch out for the Chinese New Year holiday season. China pretty much shuts down for two to four weeks during that time.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member