Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Hi Neversommer, on the TV nozzles there are white marks on either side of the 'ball' part of the nozzle which I assume is center. There is also a mark on the top of the nozzle (looking from the bottom of the plane) that I also assume is center. I lined those up, drilled two small holes (one on the top, one on the side), put a drop of CA in the hole, and put in a screw. Simple and very effective. I can take more pictures if you like and if you need futher clarification let me know.

I put the maiden flight on my F/A-18 today. I didn't get any fantastic video but I did get some but I need time to edit it and I will post it here. I got a total of four flights but I had to earn those flights. I will give a detailed flight report later with pics and video, but rest-assured the F/A-18 flies and flies well. It's faster than it looks.

Zach_dad, I didn't do the thrust test you described (sorry) but I'll tell you that the stock power system is quite powerful. When you put it straight up it will go straight up, but it loses steam rather quickly. However, nice big loops are easy with the stock system and 6s. Again, it flies pretty fast and cruises very comfortably at 50% throttle.

According to my wattmeter, on 2 x 3s 4000 25C batteries, I'm getting 71A and 1600+ watts. My timer was set to 4 minutes and the batteries came down warm (not hot) and read anywhere between 11.1v - 11.2v which means I'm using 70 - 80% in four minutes. Bigger batts will definitely be needed to achieve 5- or 6-minutes flights.

A detailed flight report to come later tonight or tomorrow! Sorry, gotta go watch the Colts game.
I am glad your maiden went well.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1