View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,254 Posts
I have had mine since the first E-Fest. I have had some spectacular mid-airs at both E-Fest and the JR Indoor. One mid-air resulted in a motor mount being broken. Not a big deal. I have rips in the wing, mended with tape from the underside. I have bounced my Flutter-By off a backboard in a very small gym, I have had it tumble across the flying field, trying to fly in very strong wind. I had to replace one motor. I think I burned one up. I have had to replace part of one elevator, due to as what Jack says. Keep them out of HOT cars. CF is made by gluing together lots of carbon strands under high pressure. Jack fixed it real quick. I had my mini-Flutter-BI fixed by Jack after Toledo one year. It got knocked around in the car, partially breaking the CF rod that runs between each side. Jack did a super job of repairing it and I returned to Michigan. I drove from Toledo to Muncie, Jack fixed it, I returned to Toledo to spend the night since it is a hike from Toledo to Muncie and back. I built two boxes to hold my mini-Flutter-Bys and they are really neat. Guess I should take a picture of them! I will say they are pretty sturdy. I have been flying mine for a number of years. If you treat them right, they will return hours and hours of flying pleasure.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014