Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
It's tough to get it all at the same time - price- service- warranty-
"There are no free lunches" as the saying goes.

I had a similar experience with HK with a Rx......sent it in and nothing happened but one day here it comes in the mail. If a person wants a lot of feedback, it takes people to do that, people cost money, more people = higher product cost.

You just got to go with what makes you happy.

I agree with your basic argument Hoppy, but the differential is too great.
Many suppliers are charging 2 - 3 times the price of HK packs which means they are charging "what they can get away with" rather than a "cost + fair profit allowing for some warranty"
At the other extreme HK sell bargain packs but there is little doubt that their returns and warranty service is apalling.

I bought 2 x2S4500 and 2 x 6S4500 LiFePO4 packs off them to power my wife's electric buggy as an 8S2P4500 composite pack. On arrival, 3 out of 4 were faulty and returned.
It has taken 16 weeks for them to properly admit liability (I followed their procedure to the letter) and I now have a "shop credit" for $118 (They refuse refund and will not accept the other unused 6S pack back as I have had it longer than 7 days!! - as Basil Fawlty would say "Oh its MY fault is it")).
So I have spent $308 on the 4 packs packs and returning them and have just one 6S pack with no possible use for it, $118 dollars credit in a shop I don't want to use and a net loss of $190!
It is not possible to have any dialogue with them at all; they just ignore questions and make statements, then rub salt in by telling me to "have a nice day"!

Looking at the customer ratings for the LiFeP04 packs (which were not there when I ordered) it is fairly obvious that the product is a disaster. All the Turnigy lipos I have bought have been fine with outstandingly low ESR values. So when they produce a lemon it would be much better to admit it. certainly it would do a lot less damage.

So the option looks like pay through the nose or just take a risk.

It may be that the US operation will take on board the general criticism, particularly as they are now within striking distance of customers!

Wayne
Wayne Giles is offline Find More Posts by Wayne Giles