View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by kineteks
Joined May 2009
5 Posts
Discussion
Secondary EGT expander not recognized

I have a Car Data recorder purchased new in 2010. I am running 2 RPM and 3 EGT. I have the system set up and everything is working well except that I cannot get the recorder to recognize the secondary EGT expander. There is a code on the expander, "2" and I am going into the "Configure Secondary Expanders" window and selecting "Secondary Thermocouple Expander, ID 2" from the drop-down menu. I have done this numerous times in all four drop-down menus one at a time and all together, re-started the software, swapped the position of the expander physically from the "Thermo" to "G-Force" ports on the recorder, swapped all three thermocouples from the primary to secondary expanders (they all read in either channel of the primary expander) and everything else I can think of. When I go to the "choose parameters to log" window the Secondary Expander Temp "C" & "D" are grey and cannot be selected. I also tried the "I have an Expander without an ID Label" button, followed the directions and failed to get an ID for the secondary expander.... any thoughts?
kineteks is offline Find More Posts by kineteks