Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
LOAD"*",8,1
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenz28 View Post
LOL!

A-main has the kit with motor and esc for $199, so I know you're wanting to get an E325 and I've kept an eye out!

If I was a little braver, I'd get it... and then the wife would kill me... hehe

Will
Thanks Buddy! I'm also still waiting for a quote from Augusto on the bare bones plastic head/tail heli-only kit. Evidently, Ace Distributors (Ace Hobby) is going out of business and won't be the North American distributor of Thunder Tiger anymore - it's being picked up by Great Planes/Hobbico. It sounds like there will be a brief interruption in product availability as everything gets transferred to the Hobbico warehouses ...

Fine with me - no rush !

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottflight View Post
John! You got it. Chrystal. After a couple of years with 2.4, going back to 72 you forget how touchy they are. Anyway, with much testing it appears that it was loose, but also looks like it gets glitchy as it heats up. So I jammed it in there as far as it would go (receiver side is the problem), and it worked for a whole pack of hovering in the garage...

Thanks! Do you recommend getting a new chrystal....and where do you get yours....do they have to be proprietary hirobo, or will any futaba work, dual or single conversion on these guys?

Next up, I'm going try those SG blades.

S
Great! I used to put a piece of tape across the one on the receiver just to make sure it stayed in and behaved. I also bent the tag over and tucked it inside to help fill in the space around the crystal and the plastic enclosure of the control unit.

It is a smaller crystal and I had trouble finding replacements - but my hobby shop did have one even smaller (I'll have to check the brand when I get home). I ended up not needing it as the problem was how I was holding the transmitter. I was never able to get any info on the crystal from Hirobo - but I would do like Al mentioned and get with Augusto - he can get you set up with what you need.
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Sep 21, 2010 at 09:32 AM.