Did you ever finalize the PDF for the tail. I have a vapor with a bad brick that I was using for parts. I discovered this thread and thought it might have a second life with a Sukhoi brick and this wing. If you have not prepared a PDF I will take a crack at it for myself.
Thanks for all your ideas
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson
No, I cover just the top side. Covering both sides is not needed with planes that fly this slow. Look at Dave Lewis' site for weight of RA Microlight vs his clear poly micro. The Microlight covering is light, but it's still substantially heavier than the clear film. However, I thought about using Microlight for looks reasons.
Speaking of looks, I decided to make a tail to match the wing. It looks funny with the round tail and the foam wing. The weight gain over the stock tail is 0.4g. The elevator is identical to the one on my Airbender. The rudder is adapted from the Airbender rudder.
I'll post a pdf file for the tail pieces when I know they are finalized and fit correctly on the plane. And, I'll post some pics of the new tail installed on the plane when I've completed that step.