Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by TopSpin
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Discussion
GWS P-40 Not a Build Thread Thread

As the title implies this is not a build thread as those have already been done to death. Instead, I wanted to share some tips and tricks I learned to make building the EPO version of the P-40 easier for anyone who hasn't yet built one.

The quality and fit of the parts in my kit was exceptional and everything fit like it was supposed to but there are a couple of tricks that you can do to make sure it is as straight and true as possible. I'll post some pictures that show some of these tips and also some alternatives depending on different setups.

First, glue. Do not attempt to use Foam Safe CA on EPO foam, it simply will not stick. The best glues are: Regular thin or gap filling CA, Epoxy either 5 minute or 30 minute, and GWS cement. The GWS cement doesn't bond well unless the surfaces are very clean so I use alcohol wipes to make sure the surfaces to be glued are as clean as possible. A box of 100 swabs costs about $2.00 at the drug store and they can be used to clean off excess glue as well.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Last edited by TopSpin; Sep 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)