View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulatgis View Post
im making a halls bull dog with a 7 inch diameter fuselage, wing span about 3 foot, weight about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. The fuse is similar to a Gee Bee fat fuse. Should i fit it with a low kV or high kV motor? Im just planning on flying it slow and easy, but i think it requires extra speed for all that wind resistance.
It is important to know, or remember, that the actual running of a motor is dependent on both the kV AND the pack voltage. There is basically no difference in efficiency. So a 1000kV motor on a 3s pack will behave identically to a 1500kV motor on a 2s pack. In both cases I assume the same motor family (e.g. Scorpion 3020-xx) and that the battery pack capacities scale as the kV--so if the 3s pack is a 1000mAHr pack, the 2s pack is a 1500 mAHr pack. That's so you are carrying the same energy, and if the "C" is the same, the current capability will also be the same.

The only difference is the 2s system needs to have an ESC with a higher current capability-since the watts will be the same.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn