View Single Post
Old Sep 09, 2010, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by wonderfilm
Joined Sep 2010
13 Posts
Hey all, I own a stock 330x with the original motors and esc's. I have got it flying pretty well. Really looking forward to the GPS/Altitude hold modules, and considering a

The reason I got the quad was for DIY short film making purposes. My digital camera weighs in at 342 grams. The quad is able to get into the air with it, but is really unstable compared to without the payload. Should I be turning the gain up or down to combat the instability, or am I just adding too much payload? (I'm having to max out the throttle to get her off of the ground with the cam mounted)

One of the thoughts I had was to upgrade the quad to larger motors/esc's with something like the 450x upgrade: http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/a...rticles_id=205

However $39 each for those gaui 18A esc's is a little more $ than I have to spend at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried other 18A esc's that cost less with the 330x? 950~1000KV motor with APC10x4.7SF and 10x4.7SFP and 18A esc claims larger than 1kg payload.

Thanks to everyone on this forum... I wouldn't be flying my quad as well as I am right now without all of the knowledge from you guys!
wonderfilm is offline Find More Posts by wonderfilm