View Single Post
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Torrance
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
it has been brought to my attention that the front brake kit doesn't come with any instructions. we prepared an instruction sheet for the brake kit before i left TT but i guess they didn't see it fit to include it in the package.

so anyway here's my feeble attempt at writing some instructions for it.

1. the first picture shows the brake caliper/servo assembly. the servo direction can be set either way but personally i prefer setting it counter-clockwise so that the brake cam pressure is appled towards the trailing edge of the brake disk rotation. in my opinion it should actuate more smoothly way. the gap between brake pad should be around 2.5mm initially. you can adjust more or less to your bike's needs. the servo horn has 3 brake cam sizes - i prefer to use the middle size cam.

2. the second picture shows the exploded view of the front fork assembly. if your bike is already built, you only need to remove the right fork leg to install the brakes. press the rotor pins all the way until it bottoms out.

3. the third picture shows how it should look when assembled. there is a small hole pre-drilled into the right fork leg. use this hole to zip tie the brake servo wire to the fork leg so that it won't rub against the tire. you can be creative as to how to secure the servo connector but for me i like to afix it to the lower suspension arm.

i hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance