View Single Post
Old Sep 04, 2010, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by imsofaman
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Mini-Review
Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!!

I bought a key chain cam from Hobby King ( http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13447 ) it was worth a gamble of $7.69 I figured. I did have a mini SD card on hand also. I wanted to fly one of my gyros, but was running out of time and the weather was unpredictable because of the hurricane heading north along the coast.

I activated the movie function and taped it to the battery on my Corona. I insulated it with some soft foam. Also remember the Coronas were not known for smoothness! LOL! Anyway....I took off, did some circuits around me and my neighbor's yard then wanted to do some higher flight. As I climbed.....the wind grabbed it and it started zooming upward. I dropped the throttle and it just did not want to come down. Eventually I had to nose it down quite a bit and I got her back down. Even in cloudy-rainy weather, I thought is was great for a $8.00 cam.

So if I can get a decent picture with my rickity old Corona.....this cam mounted on your plane or auotgyro will be good.

Dave

Key Chain Video Camera (2 min 55 sec)
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Last edited by imsofaman; Sep 04, 2010 at 10:04 AM.