Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by martys
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
I finally got a couple of hour of dry weather, minimal wind and my 'main hobby' (wife) let me go flying today
I got 4 packs in and I have to say that my mighty (12", 30 Cm) midget isn't really the hit
She flies fine, the launch has to be with 1/3 throttle and the gently push the stick for wards and away she goes. She looks great, speed seems pretty quick for the size BUT, I cannot get more than a 30 climb, she won't loop, even if I take her right up and dive her, pulling back too much and she flicks, pulling back gently just gives a climb followed by a half roll out.
I think that the weight (85 Gram's) and drag are just a bit too much for a 'flat plate' model, so I am going to reduce both for the 'mark 2'.
First things first, I am going to start on a 'full sized' version tomorrow and I am kind of hot for something with canards (and trust vectoring???) so the mighty midget may have to wait a while.
Check those push rods. It sounds like they are flexing under load. I've seen this before. Also as you said, it might be too heavy. Pat, your thoughts? Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys