Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by dlt2859
Go Fly Something!!
USA, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Jan 2009
876 Posts
Discussion
Tower Hobbies - vs - Horizon Hobbies

I posted this elsewhere this morning but it bears reading........

I recently purchased a RimFire from Hobbico/Tower Hobbies I ordered it from my LHS. I installed it in a MiniPulse XT. Test run of about 10 minutes prior to first flight.

Lasted 4 minutes in the air yesterday. Lucky for me I had a great pilot on the sticks (not me) for the maiden flight. He got the plane back dead-stick unscathed. When he landed all of us were floored that the motor was done. The pilot told me he never past 3/4 throttle!

Called Tower Hobbies Tech support at 10:30 am this morning. And got what could best be described as the "run around". The tech basically said without the receipt handy he was not going to help me at all. He then went on it intimate it was all my fault. Wrong ESC, wrong prop, wrong battery. I assure all of you it is the correct ESC / prop / battery combo. I am currently looking for the receipt. And now the dance begins.

I am telling you this story not because I am a bit upset about the treatment by Tower BUT to illustrate how really good the guys at HH are when it comes to taking care of issues. I have had two Micro P51 motors go in the last year. The first one was replaced without hesitation, over the phone, no receipt asked for, AND that was not even what I was looking for! My question was is it the motor, not can you please send me a new one.

So after being a customer of Tower since the 70's......

Don
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859