Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by harttvboy
Crazy Pilot-gone insane...
United States, CT, Monroe
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
Electric Twist 60...really?

Hi all!

I posted a few days ago with what I should put in my 60 Twist (electric motor wise). I decided to go the Turnigy 50-55 580 KV route swinging (for starters) a 14x7 prop.

I am having a weird issue trying to use a watt meter though. See the pic with two batteries in series to reference. For some reason, ( I have not tried another pack yet) when I attempt to get a reading from my Astro Watt meter, its stops at 12.45 amps and around 240 watts. It will read batter voltage, and the motor will get to full throttle, but I can't get a reading. Any help here would be great- I am sure by guessing that I am within my limits ( I have another setup with this motor and a 13x8 prop that pulls about 70 amps-I dropped a pitch and increased length each by an inch-the worst is a 5 amp ish increase I would think...).

Enjoy these photos of the completed build-she doesn't get any stickers until AFTER a successful maiden day, hopefully tommorow!

Do you guys thing that with the above noted issue that it would be safe to fly? Let me know. I also could not seem to get the plane to balance with the 3.3 aH pack- I could just barely get it to 6 inches with the Hyperion 6s 5000 pack pictured as well. The Thunder Power pack is just another that is a hair lighter and will be more fun to fly with once I am used to the airframe. Let me know guys!

Best,

Chris
harttvboy is offline Find More Posts by harttvboy