Thread: Discussion Hobby City's EPO 3d-Hawk
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by Micro Fly
Joined Mar 2008
41 Posts
Retiredbri...Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with all of us who are not quite as smart when it comes to the jist of the electrical aspect of these RC airplanes. There is definitely no doubt I will be upgrading my batteries to the 850 mah Hyperions. I fly the hyperions in my ultra micro planes and they seem to perform pretty well. At the risk of sounding somewhat ignorant. My question to you is? Do you think that the current draw when using these 8060 slow fly prop is going to damage the esc or motor on my airplane? If at half throttle the 8060 is already drawing 10amps. Then at higher throttles would I be overloading the esc and possibly burning it out? Also would upgrading to say maybe an 18amp speed control ( I have one laying around ) deviate the problem? I don't mean to keep picking your brain. I'm just a little vague when it comes to the technical aspects of prop/motor/battery combos. I am learning though. Thanks to people like you. I am learning.

Also: What brand prop did you test with? GWS?...My 8060 slow fly props are GWS and the prop adapter that came with my plane seem to fit nice and snug.
Micro Fly is offline Find More Posts by Micro Fly