Find More Posts by J_Arner
Limbo with 30,000V...
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICUFly12 View Post
Jim,

Last Friday was a very bad day for me. I think while you and I were flying out there I was bitten by the nitro bug. Funny thing is I've been watching Jim Young fly out there with his Raptor all summer long and didn't get bitten. Somehow, last Friday, the bug snuck up and bit me. I've been looking into it ever since. Right now I'm thinking I will strip the servos out of the Swift and move them into nitro so I can put one together before it get too cold. However, I might also just wait until next spring. I've only just done the math on how much it will cost to fly nitro. Any heli I get will definitely be limited to weekend flying. It costs way too much to fly nitro as much as I fly the electrics.
--
oicufly12
I remember you talking about it on Friday, but it didn't seem that it bit you too hard . Guess it snuck up for another bite just to be sure it got ya

Yes you would be burning up a lot of money flying nitro the same amount you do your electrics. I'm looking at buying another case of nitro right now, since I'm down to a pint or two. Best deal I've seen from retail is around $26 a gallon (ordered by the case) with free shipping from HeliDirect.
J_Arner is offline Find More Posts by J_Arner