View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by Leukiedeukie
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
First of all offcourse the obligatory and very well deserved congratulations to mr Kaptainkuk for making and sharing his fabulous multicopter design
I just finished assembling my first controller (yet still a frame and motor setup to go...).
Now I have already read a lot through the huge thread, but I still have some questions :

- in the first post of the thread, it says
"Note: the correct procedure for taking off from the ground is as following:
1: The quad and its propellers needs to be motionless.
2: Arm the controller by moving the left stick to the lower right corner.
3: Increase the throttle (collective). Just as the throttle leaves zero, gyro calibration is performed.
4: Enjoy! And remember to close the throttle if you lose control. Much less damage.
5: Disarm the controller after landing by moving the left stick to the lower left corner."
Is this only for the quad or also for the tri (I would like to build the tri-copter) ?
Is it needed everytime and what is meant by arming and disarming the controller ? The moment I connect the battery with the throttle to zero, it seems ready (and thus armed) ?

- and another question I keep asking myself : you can revert the gyro settings with a clever procedure. Are these settings then rewritten in the controller and remembered when you disconnect the battery or how is it retained ?
Leukiedeukie is offline Find More Posts by Leukiedeukie