View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by RealGambler
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,505 Posts
Can't check right now, but that's quite interesting!!!

In brushed mode, the center pin is always positive. I think there's no control at all on that pin. I think they control the other pin which is the negative so the motor go up and down in speed.

In brushless mode, again, the center pin is always positive. And now the same pin is used for the PPM, so it's a digital signal. So when you switch to brushless, it would be normal for the motor to spin. Still positive on one side, and getting pulses on the negative side. I would not say top speed, but likely fast.

So if I'm right, this would mean that you have control when you switch to brushless, but somehow, in the controlling part of the brushed motor (maybe different FETs?), something is wrong.

A cheap solution would then be to simply buy a brushed ESC!!! Some people have done that here, simply because with an external brushed ESC, you get a different HLVC and SLVC. I think Maukabud is the one who like this solution the most, so I would send him a message about this.

A AR6400 board cost a lot. Sure enough, if your's is under warranty, send it away, but if it's not, a brushed ESC for such a small motor would not cost much and likely allow you to still use the board.

Sure enough, I will try to do the switching myself tonight to see if I get the same result (which I'm pretty sure I will).
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler