View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Now have 15 flights on it. Still no death, destruction or despair. With an 11.1V 25C 3S 2200 it will climb until you lose sight of it (20/15 vision). Working on 4 and 8 point hesitation rolls, slow rolls, smoother Cuban 8's, and knife-edge flight. I will look to the video instructions for Harriers some time soon and see if I can give that one a go.

One of the guys at the park has dialed in some flaperon and it appears to work REALLY well. It knife-edges completely straight on the first notch, and has pretty amazing SLOW speed handling on the second notch. Looked to be about 10% down on the first setting and close to 30-40% on the second. I will follow up if I learn more because he was making some great slow passes.

I have to work out the flaperon approach on my DX-6i, not sure how to set that up yet.

Still undecided on final paint scheme (there are too many stock planes at the field now, it is getting confusing - just like the T-28) but I have decided that I really like the plane.

Now if PZ would just come out with an EDF F-20 w/retracts and a FW-190-D9 with retracts.....are you listening Dave? ;^)
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot