Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Firepower
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
Ive just got back from a fly, so you've prob already gone flying, gorgeous morning...

My batt's a 1000mAh, fits in perfect, & with this batt and everything pushed as far fwd as possible, the cg seemed good for mine.

See how you go afer your maiden, I mixed a little rudder with my ails to clean up aileron turns.

I hope she went well for you
I think the 1000MAh would fit in better. It is ARF but almost means you still have to check things. We checked the control surfaces before throwing it and one of the screws was not tightened on the servo arm.

I flew it no trouble with a perfect landing (no wind). It is a bit light and underpowered for my liking but I must remember it is a glider for thermals. Before flying it again I'll sort of the LiPo etc under the hood as it would be easy for a servo arm to catch on a loose wire.

I must remember to screw up the screws in the wings next time. I put tape to hold the wings on just in case.

If someone in Brisbane made a reasonable offer I would get rid of it and buy a dearer one. That's because I have a couple of powered gliders and just want better all the time.

So at the moment not overly impressed but I did not really trim it out properly on the first flight either. I hope I get "more impressed" in future flights.

I have never sat down and worked out mixing controls but must do that soon.

Thanks for your info.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Aug 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM.