Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
0* at midstick!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to report that I have adjusted my swash to blade grip linkages to 30.0mm, as AC had noted yesterday (they had been around 31.2mm). The result is that I now have zero degrees pitch at midstick, and -9 to 9* of pitch travel!! Woo hoo. Now if the rest of my parts would just get here, I could try to get back up in the air . . ..

Thanks Guys,

Rafa

ps The other thing I learned is that one full turn on those particular linkages changes it's length 0.25mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Thanks AC, I just measured my upper links, mine measure ~31.4mm, instead of 30mm. Maybe that's my problem. Shortening the upper links would get my pitch closer to your and dkfuji's. Following all the setup you describe, I get -4 to 12* instead of the -9 to 10* you measured or the -9 to 9* that dk measured. I'll let you know where I get.

Thanks dkfuji, this all sounds a lot like what I heard on the Finless Bob videos. I remember Finless Bob saying that an experienced pilot might want -2 or -3* at the bottom on Nor, and that a newbie might want -1*, for softer landings. Do you agree?

I haven't played with the throttle hold yet. I guess that by setting throttle hold to -15%, you don't have to disconnect the motor?

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100