View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by SteveM732
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
LOL...there is no "knockoff" issue with purchasing hobby parts from China.

As you progress in this hobby, you will find that ALOT of brand name hardware is made of the same factory line as the less expensive non brand name hardware.

factory makes parts, one part gets a name brand, the other is sold as OEM with a generic name.
Uhh, you've been there and inspected these factories? Maybe each town is tasked with producing a single product for the entire world and competition is strictly prohibited? I've heard the Dean's knock offs are not made of the same plastic so I doubt they are the same sans branding. Neu is selling a relabeled iCharger 1010B+ for $20 more than the iCharger labeled 1010B+ at ProgressiveRC, but that is little different than your LHS having BSI brand CA with their name and address on the label. Maybe you have proof of two chargers that are identical in design and manufacturing quality just relabeled and sold for less under a different name?

What you should be telling the OP is to stay away from inferior third party products and low quality copies of known brands. The first that come to my mind are Chargery and Battman, but I am far from the Chinese import expert that Charles is.

sea20, if you want to subscribe to the above notion that all RC products are created equal then at least make your purchasing decisions based on support. For best support I know from experience that ProgressiveRC and FMA are excellent, but some of the Bantam and Thunderpower retailers have good reputations too.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732