View Single Post
Old Aug 09, 2010, 02:01 AM
Find More Posts by Himalaya
Joined May 2009
511 Posts
Hidden Features of the Solo Pro Tx: Sub Trim, EPA, Gyro sensitivity

Okay guys, sorry for the delay due to a nice weekend. Here's how you can fine tune your Tx for your bird. I fly my bird much better after the tune.
---------------------
First of all let's get into/out of the Trim Mode.

● If this is the first time to enter Trim Mode, press the button(on the back that switches between mode 1 and mode 2) 3(three) times. You'll hear a beep as feedback.

● If you've accessed Trim Mode previously after power-up, press the button 6(six) times to enter Trim Mode again.

to exit, just press the same button once. You'll hear a beep as feedback.
---------------------

**** Sub Trim ****

★ enter Trim Mode
★ press the trim buttons of each channel to fine trim your mid point position.
T1 for Alireon
T2 for Elevator
T3 for Gyro (Not throttle !)
T4 for Rudder
the Tx will beep, indicating you're changing the setting, but nothing changed in the LCD. (unlike in normal mode the trim bar moves)
★ Try fly to see if the settings are ok, press the back button to save&exit when done.

Sub Trim for the Throttle doesn't work, it trims Gyro instead.

Sub Trim will extend the adjustable range. I was unable to get the bird stop self spinning even I trimmed the rudder to the max. right positon. after sub trim I can leave huge space at right side while achieving perfect hovering.

**** EPA, or End Point Adj. ****

▲ enter Trim Mode
▲ unplug the lipo of your bird and plug it back in to enter EPA adj.

△ to set Alireon left end point, push&hold right stick to max. left positon, press T4 to adjust.
△ to set Alireon right end point, push&hold right stick to max. right position, press T3 to adjust.
△ to set Elevator forward end point, push&hold right stick to max. forward position, press T1 to adjust.
△ to set Elevator backward end point, push&hold right stick to max. backward position, press T2 to adjust.
▲ press the back button to save&exit when done.

I would recommend to carefully watch the servos move when you do this EPA trim. Stop moving when the servo sliding block is 1mm apart to the hardware limit. Hitting the hardware limit will cause the servo lock up, you may have to manually spin the tiny servo gear to rescue it from the lock-up.

Finally I think I must make a picture to explain what T1~T4 here all stand for. It's the four trims in futaba order, T1~T4 from right to left.

Wish this helps.
Himalaya is offline Find More Posts by Himalaya