Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Metieval
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micronut View Post
Well...yes, actually. If I were to go back in time and try to teach them, I believe that they would be able to comprehend it. Could they imagine them on their own? Yes, but very,very unlikely. The human imagination is pretty powerful.

I believe that there are things in this universe that we will never comprehend due to the very nature of our shrouded existence. According to dark matter theories, we can only perceive a small portion of the universe.

Just thinking out loud...I love new ideas.
New ideas is what pushes people forward. Imagination, thinking, calculating, observation, experimenting, exploring, learning, trying harder....

I do agree that they could have comprehended.... but I guess I was trying to make the point that they didn't. And placing us, as of today, in the same position they was in, with us looking at what will be discovered tomorrow.
I don't think we can comprehend today, what we will know in the future. Or even to what extent our knowledge will have expanded to.

I.E. take a look at Galileo Galilei.... Fairy tales?

I suppose for the thread topic, I find agnostics more truthful than 99% of Atheist. And I suppose that is because I get the impression that many Atheist spend more time hating the Idea (concept) that there could be a God, or higher form of intelligence. Christians, or rather believers to be more accurate live on faith and their belief in God. Yes I will say that there are bad apples in each group, yet you will find a higher number of hateful people in the group of Atheist. Just simply looking at LTUP.... the amount of ridicule going back and forth is mostly owned by the Atheist crowd.
An example of this behavior would be the fact that the fairy tale insult is mostly thrown one way. Neither side can prove their side 100% factual. So which one is the fairy tale?
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)