View Single Post
Old Aug 06, 2010, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by bob.titus
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,379 Posts
glad you sorted your problem Lewta
One thing about your configuration, your 30A Plush really are overkill for the 20-20L driving a 10" propeller.
You will draw a maximum of 15A per motor with your 3s battery, so even a 12A esc would do the job and a 18A would be on the safe side, but still slightly overkill unless you fly like Warthox
The benefit of using smaller escs : less weight, and weight really matters on a quad!
Clicking noise = wrong timing.
You can set higher or lower timing and see if it solves the problem, it did cure the clicking many times on my setups.
Beware that incorrect timing can result in motors shuting down in flight with an horrible squeeking sound when you are asking too much power too fast (followed by the sound of the quad hitting the ground)!

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewta View Post
Hi:

Many thanks to both of you (Bob & Jesolins). Problem seems to be solved.
I have just finished my first quadrocopter and when testing all 4 motors stopped at once after aprox 1min flight!. Test was not higher than 60 cm!
Change the battery for a just charged one and the left arm motor stopped twice, without damage.

After reading your answers and more about motor timming suggestions ( another issue ) I tested today again . Seems to be solved, no arm going down and no motors stopping during a 5 minutes hover !

Here is what i have
74 cm m2m quadro, fore&aft motors about 6 degrees to the right.
Pulso hk20-20L motors
4 ccw 10 x 3.8 gray APC
Plush 30 A esc
homemade pcb following Jakub info ( and his pcb just received still unpopulated ) quadro 4.2 version.
3s 2100 mAh 25C battery
Settings Nmhxxx, cutoff, medium motor timming.
Motors are making some "click noise", once in a while. Any idea if should be run with high timming ???

Any experience with this specific motors and escīs?

Lewta
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Aug 06, 2010 at 08:23 PM.