Thread: Discussion San Diego FPV Flyers?
View Single Post
Old Aug 04, 2010, 06:30 PM
Find More Posts by emfinite3131
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Joined Feb 2009
43 Posts
When I lived in the city, I used to fly at Linda Vista park near the bike racing track in the back. It borders the Tecolote Canyon reserve and you get some really cool canyons out there. Just dont use 2.4 for video, I got tons of noise being so close to houses. 1.3 always worked well out there.

I moved up to Oceanside and now usually fly across the street from my house in open construction lots that boder the Vista farmlands. Or you can go off the HWY15 and the HWY76 area. You can exit highway 76 and head east for about ten minutes. Take one of the empty or unpaved side streets that borders open porperty and have a blast. Out off the 76 its really hilly and can be really fun to buzz hilltops.

Most of the coastal areas are freinedly of youre there early enough before all the people get there. The problem this year is the marine layer. It stays really foggy and overcast until about 11-12 and it has not let up all summer. The weather has been terrible this summer (I never thought I would say that about San Diego)

Honestly, anywhere 20 mins east of the city gets pretty open quickly and you'll at least get sunshine in the morning before the winds pick up (unlike near the coast where its overcast until noon everyday).

Let me know if you ever want to do any flying, i'd be more than happy to show you my spots.

btw, in my experiance, most of the clubs down here are jerks to FPVers, so I generally keep away from them for fpv purposes.
emfinite3131 is offline Find More Posts by emfinite3131