Thread: Discussion San Diego FPV Flyers?
View Single Post
Old Aug 04, 2010, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by My_design
Champaign, Il
Joined Apr 2007
288 Posts
Over by Sea World there is an airfield (On Mission Bay Parkway, off Seaworld Drive), however it is close to the airport, so you won't be able to test the range or altitude features - but it is pretty. If you get a chance head out to Julian, just because it is gorgeous. I'm sure you could find some property off the side of the road where you could fly. There is a nice park just north of Poway - Lake Poway Park off of Espola road that would be a good place to FPV. If you can get them to let you do it, then you should try to fly at Torrey Pine state park, but I highly doubt they would let you. They fly Parasails and Gliders at Blacks beach off Torrey Pines Scenic Drive in La Jolla.
They do a lot of glider soaring off the cliffs just south of Carlsbad off Carlsbad Blvd/Highway 1
As for official clubs - I wasn't flying when I was out there so I don't know any really. But these are spots where I would love to fly now!
Although with all the fires I'd probably switch everything over to LiFe batteries.
My_design is offline Find More Posts by My_design