View Single Post
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by BadLemon
Just having fun before I die!
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
950 Posts
I was think of that but I'm not looking forward to removing the wings! I use 30 minute epoxy and filled the spar hole vary well. Lastly I called Hobby-Lobby once before on a part and they told me they don't carry replacement parts. The only way I could get a replacement part is if they have a scratch & dent kit. I was also thinking of going directly to Alfa and see if I could order one from them. If not I'll do the old BEAT IT TO FIT.. PAINT IT TO MATCH method but the huck will fly again. I'm just not happy about the motor mount coming out of the shroud. It looks like to me they installed the mount then wicked thin CA into the joint. I'm going to glue the mount back in and pin the mounts to the shroud. I also have to buy a new fan one blade has a crack in it. This bummed me out it took me 4 hours over 2 days to get the fan balanced and centered in the shroud. I had no vibration what so ever threw the RPM range and the fan to shroud gap was less then .700mm and the blades never touched the shroud wall. Sorry I need some cheese with my Wine! I know this is the life of an RCer! and if you can't handle crashing planes and spending time and money to fly again then go play Golf or collect stamps! Sorry for all you Golfers out there! I meant no disrespect I tried golf and I SUCK at it so I move to RC.
BadLemon is offline Find More Posts by BadLemon