Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Hi Rafa

If transitioning from CB100 to CP, the best advice I could give you is to add some training gear to your 4F200. Start from the beginning by manuevering your CP on the ground keeping the tail in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin View Post
Rafa, how the flight go.
Oh yeah, training gear. I meant to do that, but I knew I had forgotten something.

Well, it's not nearly as pretty as I had hoped, and I learned some very valuable lessons, but here's my first few moments of CP and 4F200. Next time, I'll go to an open field with the training gear installed. Luckily, the LHS has E-Flite stuff that is generic enough to fit.

Rafa's very first collective-pitch flight with his new Walkera 4F200 from Wowhobbies.com (2 min 37 sec)

Rafa's first collective pitch parts break with his new Walkera 4F200 from Wowhobbies.com! (0 min 51 sec)

The little crash at the end of the second video did do a bit of damage. The blades did strike the couch and they have a tiny bit of damage. One of the linkage rods to one of the blade controllers got pulled, and stripped the plastic on one end, and flew off the heli on the other end. I found the missing piece, and 2-part epoxied the stripped link. I went to the LHS to see if I could cross reference something, but no luck directly--E-Flite balls and links a bit larger. I'll remeasure and adjust the rods, maybe try again tomorrow now that I've got my training gear mounted.

I did check CG before the flight, and the heli was a bit tail heavy. I wasn't quite sure how to adjust the CG, other than adding weight to the nose. I had also noticed that the elevator trim was a bit forward to start with--presumably from the Wow test flight. What's the best way to play with CG on something like this? I can't just slide the battery like my little CB100. Thanks, here we go,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100