Thread: Discussion Airfield 64mm F-15
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by bigmattyd
USA, NY, Albany
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Transmitter Died

Well, the stock transmitter died when I was testing it the other day. The elevator control channel on the right stick suddenly started commanding full down elevator. Nothing I tried would fix it. I called Nitroplanes and they are sending out a new controller.

The reciever is good. I switched between mode 1 and mode 2 on the transmitter. When I switch modes, the elevators then work normally, but the throttle does not respond. So I know the servos and receiver still work normally. It seems like it might be a bad solder joint or faulty resistor, etc. It worked well the first two times I used it, but I don't know enough about these things to troubleshoot or repair.

I guess I am going to have to get a new transmitter/reciever set. I was hoping they would be reliable enough for a few flights, but now I am not so sure. When I get my replacement transmitter from Nitroplanes, I am going to do some significant testing, and if it seems reliable I will use it. In the meantime, I am researching new radios to see what I can afford.

If that would have happened during flight, it would have been all over. Nose dive into the ground. Glad it happened during my pre-flight inspection.

I know that a lot of people already have their own radios, but I don't, and I was really hoping to be able to use the stock one in the RTF kit, but maybe it's not going to work.

Has anyone had success using the bundled Tx/Rx or has everyone used their own stuff?

Matt
bigmattyd is offline Find More Posts by bigmattyd
Last edited by bigmattyd; Jul 28, 2010 at 05:50 PM.