Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by Konrad
Suspended Account
Everett Wa.
Joined Jun 2001
5,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Looks like someone was up kinda of late and wanted to cause a little "mischief", you know, throw some bait out there, tinder into the fire, help friends decide whether to fly nickel or not, something like that, huh.

The thing that upsets me about the airlines,, Boeing in particular, is not that their planes aren't fully functional, but that that misrepresent their design features. The fact that they advertise the underbellies are coated with a special high temperature alloy, for which they have come up with their own meaninless letters, when in fact they are made from recycled soda cans, is a little disconcerting. As so called leaders in the industry, selling a premium product at apremium price with misleading advertising is more than a little bit sleezy. I can honestly say that when I was new and researching the whether to fly Boeing I was confused by their wierd designation for their alloy. Still, the planes seem to perform their intended task well enough. So the question is "should friends let friends fly planes made from recycled soda cans'?
Do any of you have a link to this alloy or the Boeing subject.
Konrad is offline Find More Posts by Konrad